Safety Officer - Dublin (2316)
Entered: 20 Nov 2018
Our client is a leading Irish construction company. Their primary activity is undertaking large, complex projects in commercial, retail, tourism, pharmaceutical, high-tech and institutional buildings, refurbishment and civil engineering works.
The company seeking an experienced Safety Officer to work with their construction team in Dublin.
Primary Responsibilities as a Safety Officer
- Provide support and advice to colleagues, subcontractor personnel and other third parties.
- Proper reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses in an accurate and timely fashion and assist with investigations in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Conduct site safety inspections, audits and risk assessments as required and ensure that management personnel put appropriate action plans in place.
- Conduct regular reviews on corrective actions arising from incidents, inspections and audits.
- To ensure EHS policies and procedures are fully implemented and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Assist with the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that EHS lessons learnt and other initiatives are properly communicated.
- Provide a proactive approach to problem solving and to the various aspects of day-to-day health, safety and environmental management.
Skills & Qualifications as a Safety Officer
- 3rd level qualifications in health & safety
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role, ideally gained in construction
- A sound understanding of health and safety legislation
- An ability to evaluate current and emerging trends in health and safety management
Please send your cv to Clodagh at firstname.lastname@example.org call 01-456 9899 for a confidential conversation.