Senior EHS Advisor – Europe
Entered: 03 Aug 2020
AA Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a leading Building Services Contractor client, to recruit a Senior EHS Advisor / EHS Lead, to cover ongoing large-scale Data Centre works in Northern Europe.
- Provide advice, guidance, support and instruction in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Identify training needs, report requirements to project team and carry out training as required.
- Carry out internal audits and site inspections in conjunction with Site Management, recommends corrective actions, improvements and document findings.
- Report on EHS risks, KPIs and trends accurately with data and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
- Ensure incidents are reported and investigations are carried out in a thorough and professional manner in order to identify root causes and corrective and preventive action plans.
- Prepare in conjunction with site management team a project specific EHS Plan, induction and Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS). These will be compiled and agreed prior to work commencing.
- Ensure that Site EHS Plans, RAMS and other associated site documents are updated and compliant with statutory and other requirements and that they are reviewed on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that the project specific EHS Plan, induction and RAMS are communicated to all relevant persons (including clients, Main Contractor, other contractors, visitors and others who may be affected by that work).
- Visits each new project, sets up the necessary site safety files (Series 500 & 600), registers, abstracts of regulations, posters, SEOR program, etc.
- Ensure that site establishment complies with the legislation, client regulations and company regulations as a minimum.
- Review Contractor Appointments and ensures that correct appointment is carried out and that only competent contractors are used on projects.
- Introduces and implements effective measures aimed at the prevention of incidents at work.
- Audit the company site safety file, (Series 500 & 600), making sure that hazards/risks are regularly assessed, that control measures are implemented, that inspections are carried out and that all incidents are reported, investigated and closed out.
- Prepare Monthly KPI Report for their projects, issues monthly return of Site Visit Schedule, SEORs, KPIs, violations to the EHS Manager and the Business Unit Manager. Issues new SDS to EHS Manager.
- Attend regional EHS Coordination Meetings.
- Attend EHS meetings with the Business Unit Manager as required.
- Arrange distribution and maintenance of fully stocked first aid boxes on site. Monitors P.P.E usage and advises site management on type of protective equipment required.
- 5+ Years’ experience in similar industry. Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and CSA preferably.
- Diploma to NFQ 8 in Occupational H&S. Certificate to NFQ 6 Environmental Management. Safe Pass, (CSCS (UK)), Train the Trainer, First Aid, Training Instructor.
- Internal ISO14000 and ISO45000 system auditor.
- Experience with the Construction Regulations and CDM roles, with experience working with sub-contractors.
- Experience with EHS Management Systems, safety schemes and tendering e.g. ISOs, Achilles, SSiPs etc.
- Excellent communication skills, through presentations, reports, written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work well within strict deadlines.
- Ability to be able to prepare Audits and EHS reports, to a high standard.
- Up to date with Legislation, Standards, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.
- Proactive in identifying positive and negative acts, ability to follow through with realistic corrective and preventive actions.
- Ability to lead and coordinate incident investigations and utilise root cause analysis.
- IOSH Member or Equivalent.
For more information on this role, please contact Sarah Lonergan on +353 (0)85 252 1479 or email your CV in confidence to Sarah@aaeuro.com