Senior EHS Officer
Entered: 27 Nov 2022
Take the next step in your career by joining one of the largest construction companies in Ireland. In this project-based position, you will be a part of a company that has won numerous safety awards and is accredited to ISO 45001:2018 standards. They have established an innovative and comprehensive approach to safety on site, ensuring an unrivaled safety record.
This is a well-known company with a track record of delivering outstanding results across a variety of high-profile construction projects. Renowned for supporting their people through industry-leading professional development initiatives, they will offer you an environment where you can really establish yourself as a Health and Safety professional. You will benefit from a position here due to an enjoyable and challenging workplace with excellent opportunities for continued advancement.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Attend sites following accidents/incidents and assist with the investigation. In the absence of the Project Director lead the investigation.
- Liaise with enforcement authorities if they attend site on routine visits or to investigate following an incident.
- Understand bespoke client requirements and tailor management system to same with line manager approval.
- Where requested attend other meetings with clients & supply chain.
- Coach staff at all levels in Health and Safety expectations and standards
- Implement the management system and coach and encourage others to use it appropriately.
- Foster innovative ideas for enhanced safety performance.
- Deliver appropriate training.
- Have and share knowledge and advice with teams on environmental principles and management.
- NEBOSH Construction Diploma or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 4 / EFQ L5 on Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent.
- Internal Auditor
- Mandatory aspects of L & D directory
- SEATS for Managers or equivalent IEMA programme.
- Awareness of lifting operations BS 7121/IS 361
- Temp Works Awareness including knowledge of TWC role.
- Incident Investigation Training
Experience & Skills:
- CMIOSH, Grad IOSH.
- Minimum of 10 years working as a Health and Safety professional.
- Good IT skills.
- Previous experience working on a pharmaceutical plant.
- Be inquisitive in root cause outcomes.
- Lead on improvement initiatives.
- Effective and confident training provider.
- Time Management.
- Organisation Skills.
- Interpersonal & Engaging skills.
- Managing & developing trainees
- Aspire to highest performance levels
Join a main contractor where you can reach new heights as a professional. Apply below with an updated CV and arrange to have a confidential discussion today.