Senior EHS Officer
Entered: 27 Nov 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Senior EHS Officer on behalf of our client, a leading construction company with various ongoing projects across Ireland.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years construction experience & relevant Health & Safety Qualification. Experience working on steel projects would be beneficial. The successful Senior EHS Officer will join their team on a project based in Dublin area.
As a HSE Officer your responsibilities include:
- Managing Health and Safety daily
- Ensure that all Health and Safety safe operating procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and reviewed, updated and communicated to all employees.
- Attend meetings and site audits
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and activities taking place.
- Ensure that daily/weekly safety inspections are carried out.
- Conduct risk assessments, review and update existing risk assessments.
- Deliver inductions and other trainings if required.
- Liaise with the company safety team to continuously improve the company safety system.
- Support any investigations into near misses, accidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
- Staff supervision
- Ensure all GA certs and statutory documents are up to date.
- Toolbox talks- as frequently as needed.
- Updating of H & S documents.
As a HSE Officer the requirements are:
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree or similar.
- A thorough understanding of current Health & Safety legislation
- Experience in the manufacturing/Construction industry
- Previous experience with Structural Steel would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of carrying out audits
- Manual Handling/ Abrasive Wheel train the trainer
- Previous ‘Lean’ experience
- Strong communicator for reporting and IT/ MS Office skills
- 5+ years Senior Health & Safety experience within the construction industry preferably with a main contractor
- Organised individual with a strong attention to detail and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.