Senior Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 18 Jan 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Senior Health & Safety Officer on behalf of our client. The Senior Health & Safety Officer will be responsible for overseeing various projects across the South East region of the country.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years in a Senior Health & Safety role and available to travel between sites across counties such as Wicklow, Wexford, Carlow, Kilkenny, and Waterford.
Senior Health & Safety Officer responsibilities include:
- Overseeing/ Managing the Health and Safety across a number of projects simultaneously,
- Liaise with the health & safety team and site management on a regular basis,
- Ensure all site personnel hold the relevant training certificates, tickets and passes, and have undergone site inductions and any further inductions required,
- Ensuring all sites are adhering to COVD-19 safety procedures,
- Conducting regular site visits and audits, record findings and implement changes where required,
- Promoting and implementing the company’s safety, quality and environmental plan,
- Recording and maintaining all accident, nears misses, risk assessment method statement documents,
- Leading and partaking in Toolbox talks with site teams,
- Liaising with Senior Management/ Company Directors, Clients and Local Authorities where required.
Senior Health & Safety Officer requirements include:
- Health & Safety Qualification,
- A thorough understanding of current Health & Safety legislation,
- Strong communicator for reporting and IT/ MS Office skills,
- 3+ years Senior Health & Safety experience within the construction industry preferably with a main contractor,
- Organised individual with a strong attention to detail and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorcan on 083 045 3579 for a confidential conversation.