Entered: 25 June 2019
Our client is a well established Electrical Contractor based in the Dublin area and are currently seeking to recruit an Electrical Estimator for a full time permanent position.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced estimator to join our team and be responsible for the production of estimates in relation to tenders for various Commercial and Residential electrical services projects we currently have ongoing.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the complete tendering process from the initial saving, printing & marking up of drawings, quantifying materials, obtaining quotations from specialist suppliers right through to the production and submission of the detailed tender quotation.
Role & Primary Responsibilities
- Tendering of various commercial and residential electrical services projects
- Following up with various contractors / clients on tenders submitted
- Liaising with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Value Engineering assessment of different options and solutions
- Attending pre and post tender meetings
- Pre tender site surveys and reports
- Completion of Pre Qual documents in relation to certain tenders
- Establishing new business contacts and opportunities
- Electrical Trade / Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 1 years previous experience as an Electrical Estimator / M&E QS
- Ability to understand electrical services layout drawings and schematics
- Highly capable of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing inquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received for pricing within specified time frames.
- The ability to work under pressure and attention to detail is essential
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Proven track record in dealing with Design Teams, Subcontractors and Clients
On offer is the opportunity to join a growing company who can offer further training and support and career progression. Salary is negotiable depedant on level of experience and background.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE