M&E Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 25 June 2019
A building services specialist, in operation for over 30 years and demonstrating a strong track record of significant delivery are seeking an M&E QS on a permanent basis in Dublin.
You will work as part of a team reporting to a Senior QS to manage costs relating to building services projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. In your role you will seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Many of these are specified by statutory building regulations, which you will need to understand and adhere to.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and comply with statutory legislation and regulations
- To provide estimating or receiving training in estimating in order to perform this function for the business, preparation of tenders as appropriate
- Update and maintain contract register highlighting payment conditions.
- Provide backup information and support to Head Office in clearing payments and accounts
- Ensuring all subcontractors are contractually tied in e.g. insurance details, retention, etc.
- Highlighting areas of concern / loss on any part of the contract
- Oversee all contractual issues
- Oversee all commercial aspects of the contracts, support site staff in understanding the contract documents in order to satisfy the client’s requirements and maximise revenue/variations.
- Assist with or prepare monthly applications
- Working closely with Finance & Commercial in maximising profit on the contracts
- 5 years’ experience across a mixture of Civils and Building
- Negotiation and analytical skills are critical
- MS Office is essential, together with MS Project software is a distinct advantage
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE