Mechanical and Electrical Coordinator
Entered: 16 Oct 2018
Our client has a unique opportunity for a high calibre M&E Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior M&E Coordinator, you will assist in the oversight of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation across each of our residential projects.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Continuous management and monitoring of the installation quality for M&E systems over various residential projects, during the various stages of the build process
- Support the site construction management teams in the coordination of on-site M&E installations and assist with onsite problem solving if and when issues arise
- Coordinate with project design teams as required
- Supervision of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring programme and quality expectations are achieved
- Liaise with Public Utility providers to ensure timely delivery of electricity, gas, water and telecommunications services to new developments acting as a point of contact for the respective sites
- Anticipate the requirement for modification of existing site services and expedite mains service diversions in conjunction with the Utility Providers
- Assisting with the utility application process and liaising with local authorities where required
- Supplement the company’s innovation process in consideration and implementation of best-in-class mechanical / electrical systems and products.
The candidate – key requirements
- Trade background preferable with appropriate certification
- Further education in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services
- 3+ years post qualification experience in construction management / engineering design
- Interest in energy management and emerging trends in residential building services design and construction
- Team player, organised, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to programme delivery
- Willingness to travel between sites and a full driving licence.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.