Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 24 Mar 2019
Our client is one of Ireland's leading Services Contractors with operations throughout the country and Europe. They now seek a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis in Sweden.
Overall Role Objective
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing the costs relating to building projects. This may include new builds, renovations or maintenance work. From early design costs to final figures, the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for minimising the costs of the project and enhancing the value for money whilst ensuring that the project meets all legal and quality assurance requirements.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Manage the commercial and contractual requirements through the lifecycle of the project.
• Provide support to the Construction Team on all QS functions.
• Project Procurement including Sub-contractors.
• Conduct cost and risk analysis.
• Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
• Manage commercial aspects of subcontractors.
• Provide project costing, margin & cashflow reports.
• Manage project change order procedures and agree costs with client.
• Provide monthly valuations and certs.
• Agree final accounts.
• Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills:
• Relevant third level degree qualification
• 5-10 years’ experience in Quantity Surveyor role.
• A proven working knowledge of current contract law, particularly PWC Contracts.
• Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
• Methodical way of thinking.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Good financial and numeracy management skills.
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
• The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
• IT Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE