Electrical Maintenance Technician
Entered: 17 June 2019
Our Client is recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Technician who will be based in the maintenance department delivering a high quality maintenance service to production and the site wide facility.
- Carry out wiring installation and commissioning of plant / equipment & trouble shooting on plant and equipment.
- Carry out programming and diagnostic of plant and equipment.
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting & electro-mechanical repairs to PLC controlled plant.
- Work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications.
- Performance of PM routines.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the operation by maximizing uptime of machinery.
- Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance programs.
- Minimise downtime in production and utility areas.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance.
- Troubleshoot using PLC Programs.
- Have a working knowledge/experience with a “Lock-out Tag-out” programme.
- Provide maintenance support to the manufacturing & office facility.
- Adheres to all site policies on quality and safety.
- Support the plant facilities and services, including compressed air & refrigeration.
- Fully support the line leaders for / line support i.e. shifts cover, phone support & callout.
- Carry out engineering work orders in a timely and safe manner while maintaining adherence to cGMP.
- Assist the health & safety team in carrying out risk assessments of new & existing machines and ensuring training is rolled out.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar maintenance role within an FMCG industrial plant (food production environment)
- Experience on Urschal, Handtmann, Wolfking, Vemag or Formax food machinery very beneficial to this role
- Experience of machine control diagnostics would be beneficial to your application, as would strong industrial mechanical service and repair skills.
- Experience of a wide range of Motor Control Systems, Process Temperature Controls and PLC/PC Control Systems.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment with the ability to influence and bring people along.
- Qualified Electrician - Have a recognized apprenticeship in the electrical, electronic or machine control diagnostics field.
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Experience with mechanical issues.
- Ability to prioritize tasks & follow up on all projects and tasks
- Proven track record or demonstrated ability in electrical and electronics field.
- An ability to read diagrams and troubleshoot equipment.
- Flexible to work extended hours and from time to time, be on call out of hours to support emergency work and be able to work shift.
- Ability to work on own initiative & multi task.
- Ability to work to the required regulatory and safety standards on your own initiative, with minimum supervision within expected timescales.
- Considerable production line experience, preferably within a fast moving FMCG based environment.
- Working knowledge & experience of relevant Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Experience of safety systems to manage work of internal resources and external contractors utilising Isolation / Lock-off procedures, Risk Assessment and Permit to Work.
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Involvement in lean projects and process improvements
To register for this or for future vacancies, please upload your CV or call our office on +353 (0)45874 768.