M&E Project Manager
Entered: 12 Nov 2018
Our client are a well-respected Electrical Sub-Contractor who are now looking for a Project Manager to join them on a full-time permanent basis for projects in and around London.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading the project team. This includes the overall delivery, performance and management of the operational project team and stakeholders to ensure that all activities meet the programme, cost, safety and quality objectives of the Project and business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel both internally and externally
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to Sudlows required quality and standards
- Identify risks and ensure they are reported, managed and mitigation measures are put in place
- Ensure the project budget and costs are managed effectively including reimbursements for variations to the contract.
- To adopt a right first time ethos with all aspects of the installation.
- Responsible for ensuring effective use of meetings and recoding and management thereof.
- Responsible for programme set up and progressive monitoring and control of the programme at all times and through the supply chain.
- Promote Cultural Based Safety on site.
- Conduct regular reviews of drawings/document control on site, ensuring the correct versions are being used and maintained.
- Design management – attendance at design team meetings.
- Responsible for overseeing the commissioning and witnessing of all systems
- To maintain accurate commercial and progress reporting on a regular basis.
- Take full responsibility for all plant and materials hired by the company
- Responsible for the day to day management of the project team.
- Directly manage the procurement of the supply chain be that sub-contractors or suppliers and to fully ingratiate sub-contractors & suppliers into the requirements of the project.
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ needs and ensure accurate and factual communications with the client.
- Maintain accurate and detailed progress reports both internally and externally.
- Develop the designs to include site level co-ordination and details which may develop during construction, feeding this back to the design team where necessary.
- Work with the Programme Manager and provide an up to date status, together with any programme risks and any dependencies which exist.
- The above outlines the key accountabilities of the position, however this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holder’s capabilities may be required
- The role will be based on a project in a defined geographical area however flexibility in this respect within the region will be expected.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree/Qualified Trades background desireable
- Membership of a professional body
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Previous experience as a Project Manager.
Planning and Organising:
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records as required by the role
- Forward thinking, dedicated and driven
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. clients, members of the public, other contractors etc.
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has excellent spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has advanced written and numeric skills appropriate to the job.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE