Senior Mechanical Engineer
Entered: 15 Apr 2021
Overall Role Objective
The Mechanical Engineer assists in the planning and coordination of all mechanical activities; is responsible for enforcing consistent standards and helps ensure on time handover of projects to clients.
- Competitive salary
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Healthcare Package
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking.
- Assist in the management of projects from tender to client handover.
- Assist in the production of coordinated system drawings, plans through CAD and/or BIM.
- Identify Mechanical equipment requirements.
- Select plant and equipment to meet specifications.
- Prepare detailed technical submittals for approval.
- Vendor / Contractor management on site.
- Liaise and work with QA/QC to ensure that all mechanical construction works are carried out in accordance with specifications.
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Interface with clients, vendors, client project management and other disciplines ensuring the highest level of service is provided.
- Engage with commissioning teams to ensure handover is planned from construction phase and managed smoothly.
- Guide Junior Engineers who will be working on the project
Qualifications / Skills
- Mechanical Engineering qualification.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to deal with a broad range of people.
- Organised individual with a constant focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to meet strict deadline and work under pressure.
- Excellent IT skills.