Construction Planner - Residential Developer
Entered: 30 Sept 2020
Our client has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Construction Planner who will manage the Project Programming / Scheduling process for a portfolio of residential development projects across the full project life-cycle. The role will entail proactive management of the project scheduling function within the Group along with analysis of project work-streams and construction site operations, with the objective of improved productivity and interface management across the trade’s contracts.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Manage the Project Programming / Scheduling process across a portfolio of residential development projects throughout all stages of the project from Initiation, Planning, Tender, to Construction and Handover, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
- Liaise with the project delivery teams during the planning and construction stages to develop robust working programmes
- Develop and maintain a project “dashboard” system for the monitoring of planning stage workstreams and construction contract package performance against baseline
- Develop and maintain the master programme across the projects portfolio to assist annual business planning and longer term strategic planning within the Group
- Lead the analysis of project workstreams and construction site operations for improved productivity and interface management
- Develop and maintain a Progress Reporting System for submission of periodic Programme reports to Senior Management, with a strong emphasis on Critical Path and key milestone identification.
- Degree / Higher Diploma level qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline
- 5+ years’ post qualification experience
- Knowledge of property (residential) development planning and building systems across both low and high density projects
- Expert level competency in Project Controls Software tools including Microsoft Project / Primavera / Excel.
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.