Electrical Project Planner
Entered: 11 Apr 2021
Overall Role Objective
The overall role objective of the Project Planner/Scheduler is to ensure that construction projects are completed within set deadlines, on budget and in line with all the relevant safety standards and regulations.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Continuously model the steps of the construction project in different diagrams.
- Prepare and update project programmes.
- Produce manpower loadings and progress S-Curves.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Make decisions related to logistics and resources.
- Monitor and report on internal productivity and issue Earned Value Analysis on a weekly basis.
- Consider the costs and possibilities of reducing them without compromising quality or safety.
- Attend meetings with the Project Team to discuss progress made and any issues that arise over the course of the project.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Primavera P6 qualification plus full proficiency in the software.
- Excellent computer skills – experience Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project would be a distinct advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role within the construction industry.
- Experience working as a Electrical Planner is essential
- Previous experience working on a Data Centre project would be advantageous
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must:
- Be willing to work on a rotation 3 weeks on 1 week off
- Be willing to work 50 - 55 Hours per week
- Have 3+ years of experience in the position applied for
- Have the ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Have excellent time and organisational skills
- Be safety conscious.
Benefits of Working with Suir Engineering
- Competitive salary
- Own bedroom in shared accommodation provided and paid for
- Flights at the beginning and at the end of the mission arranged and paid for
- Flights for rotation arranged and paid for