Planning Procurement Officer
Entered: 24 Nov 2020
Our client, a semi-state organisation, is undertaking a major programme of construction of hi-tech facilities (refurb and new-build) and is seeking to recruit a Planning Procurement Officer, to assist in the management and delivery of their critical building construction projects in the greater Cork area. The successful Planning Procurement Officer will probably be degree qualified and experienced in Supply Chain and Procurement or similarly qualified technical professional and will join an expanding team of construction professionals based in Cork city and will work closely with and report to the Senior Project Manager.
The role includes and involves;
Working on behalf of the end-user Client.
Appointing and managing outside Consultants and Contractors.
Preparing comprehensive project-briefs in conjunction with outside Consultants.
Ensuring the briefs are understood in sufficient detail, by the many and varied stakeholders involved.
Taking projects (in conjunction with Consultants) from; inception, scoping, tender packages, tender analysis, appointing contractors, managing contractors and consultants, managing costs and timelines, through to commissioning delivery and handover.
Developing action plans for the timely and efficient completion of all contracts.
Ensuring complying with all regulatory requirements including; permissions, licences and approvals.
Ensuring equipping/commissioning contractor is appointed in good time, is adequately briefed and competent to carry out work.
To be considered for the role you must:
- A qualification in either Procurement, Finance, Business Studies or equivalent
- Previous experience in Procurement and Supply Chain planning essential
- Experience in planning and delivering high value and/or complex procurement projects with an ability to handle multiple projects at any one time while delivering on time and within budget
- SAP experience preferable
- Strong IT, numerical and analytical skills
- Experience using MS Office suite, Word, Excel PowerPoint etc. essential
Technical Skills / Experience
1. Development of Equipping List
- Gather and consolidate Heads of Discipline equipping requirements
- Identify duplicate items or items that are not supplied by Estates e.g. consumables
- Submit the Primary Care Centre room name master document to Procurement Support
- Develop a generic furniture list e.g. desks, pedestals, chairs, bins, storage units etc.
- Work with Procurement Support to ensure that all items are costed and suppliers identified
- Review equipping list with Primary Care Development Officer and edit the list accordingly
2. Equipping Order Planning
- Request draft orders for equipment from Procurement Support
- Liaise with Procurement Support to ensure correct quantities, costs and items are on the draft orders
- Forward draft orders to the Estates Administration Team and request firm orders to be placed in SAP and submitted to Suppliers
- Correspond with Suppliers regarding delivery dates and details e.g. providing site information such as accessibility, parking restrictions etc.
- Coordinate order delivery (installation) with Supplier and Services
3. Post Delivery Process
- Ensure that delivery dockets are signed and returned to Estates
- Review Supplier invoices; check quantities and costs match the order submitted
- Work with Suppliers to resolve any invoice discrepancies
- Request invoice approval and submit the approved invoice to the Estates Administration Team
Attractive long-term contract role with potential to extend. Huge potential to develop and enhance your career with blue-chip end-user client. Immediate vacant position based in Cork city.
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s qualifications, experience, suitability and fit for the role. However, the ideal candidate can expect c €42,000.00 per annum.
Benefits include 30 days paid holidays pa + 9 Bank holidays (total 39 days pa)
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to:
Rob Kiernan E: email@example.com Tel: +353 1 6390390 Cell: +353-87-3669746
Tech Skills Resources
25 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: + 353 1 6390390 www.techskills.ie