Civils - Senior Project Manager
Entered: 22 Feb 2024
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for an experienced Civils - Senior Project Manager on behalf of our Client, an International Construction Company.
This is a Omagh (NI) based, permanent position.
Civils - Senior Project Manager responsibilities:
- Lead the Tender Team consisting of Estimator, CM, QS, other appropriate staff, and external consultants as necessary.
- Prepare the programme, method statements, prelims, and submission document
- Chair start-up & internal meetings, prepare the procurement strategy with the QS and Prequalification of key supply chain (early awards)
- Prepare a preliminary Risk Register and mitigate/manage any risks for the duration of the project
- Work with the SQS to prepare a prelim procurement schedule and track same
- Ensure that a robust Health, Safety & Environmental plan is prepared, and the temporary register has commenced
- Agree site layout, logistics and organise implementation of same in accordance with company guidelines
- Advise statutory authorities & key stakeholders of site start date
- Responsible for setting the design strategy, including BIM, DRM, and scope of novated services
- Ensure that all aspects of quality, the Environment and progress are in accordance with the contracted requirements.
- Assist in the selection and vetting of major S/Cs and suppliers (including HSEQS vetting)
- Manage S/C including S/C progress meetings and S/C pre-order meetings
- Manage employee resources, including cover for site when staff are on annual leave or trainingManage Prelims in accordance with PEP and prepare applications for extension of time with SQS/QS
- Monitor overall site progress against programme (PEP). Agree programmes with subcontractors and monitor progress with the SM
- Monitor cost, risk, administrative procedures, and company correspondence.
- Lead the project team, supply chain principals and clients, in the relentless strive for Zero Incidents, Zero Injuries and quality standards.
- Communicate with BU MD/Regional Managers and advise the contract team of any potential legal, IR, safety, environmental, technical or construction items as required
- Monitor interim accounts and payments with QS and ACCS, progress and profitability of the contract and report with the contract team at the monthly cost meetings. Monitor with QS Final Account and Loss and Expense negotiations. Apply cost-benefit analysis to all activities, estimates and forecasts overall costs.
- Co-ordinate the production of the monthly CVR reports, with the commercial and Design manager and prepare/advise on forward strategy.
- Identify any potential issue which may lead to additional costs or delays and plan for recovery
- Ensure that internal control meetings are held at regular intervals
- Ensure procurement of all relevant certificates including Practical Completion, Partial Possession where applicable, Making Good Defects and Final Certificate
- Ensure any post-handover commissioning adjustments are made
- Support the SQS in the preparation of any loss and expense applications and in the provision of information for Final Accounts
- Complete the project data sheet and gather reference from the client
- Protect Company contractual position by ensuring that the Client & design teams are satisfied and that there is a strong relationship with future potential in place
Civils - Senior Project Manager requires:
- Academic and/or professional industry related management qualification
- Membership of an Industry related Professional Institution - such as MCIOB or CEng MICE
- CVRs, PEP and Contract Management
- IOSH, CDM/PSCS Awareness, BBS, Root Cause Analysis & S5 & Q10 internal workshops.
- Typically, 15 years’ experience in construction with similar national contracting organisations
- In depth understanding of the market in which the company operates, including an awareness of competitors and new initiatives.
- Proven finance control/reporting ability
- Working knowledge of Construction techniques, Design techniques & BIM modelling
- Comprehensive knowledge of Building and Health and Safety/Fire regulations
- Familiarity with working on complex, multi-disciplinary, technical projects
- Proficient in planning and prioritising daily site tasks
- Commercially proficient
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Clodagh in our Dublin Office on 087 797 8585.