Civil Engineer /Project Manager - Derby
Entered: 15 Nov 2018
Our client is a leading International Engineering Contracting Group of companies providing mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, fire protection and maintenance solutions to world class clients.
Due to growth our client is keen to appoint a Civil Engineer/Project manager for a key project, the development of an industrial facility, an Derby, Anaerobic Digestion facility
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensuring work output conforms to specifications and Standard/Code requirements
Providing design office support
Assist with drawing queries from estimating & commercial staff on technical matters regarding product use and manufacture
Managing the design function and external liaison on specific projects and maintaining project records
Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
Carry out any other reasonable request made by line manager to support departmental or company objectives.
The role requires the person to be a highly motivated individual with initiative, self-confidence, excellent communications skills, flexibility and adaptability, with the drive and ability to work under their own direction or within a small team of professionals. Be keen to develop their individual capability and that of the team. Lead by example, in terms of behaviour.
Ideally, working towards being a Chartered Engineer with experience of precast concrete.
• BEng, BSc or similar level qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Significant experience of reinforced concrete, poured in situ
• Extensive setting out experience
• Experience of reinforced concrete design in a civil engineering environment
• Minimum 6 years relevant work experience
• Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
• Good time management skills, with ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
• Knowledge of Euro codes
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact with a wide range of people including clients, contractors, consultants, and operatives
• Be highly motivated
• Experience in AutoCAD
• Mentoring of less experienced engineers
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Previous experience of working in Precast Concrete manufacturing environment
• Design of structures in concrete
• Knowledge of Civil Engineering products (eg Drainage pipes/manhole/shafts/cover slabs)
• Knowledge of Structural Analysis and modelling packages, eg SCIA, Tekla, Revit