Civil Project Manager
Entered: 19 Sept 2020
Our client, a specialist contracting company providing services to the construction sector, is seeking to recruit a Civil Project Manager. The Civil Project Manager will manage the installation of their solutions products and systems, reporting to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be a Site Engineer or Quantity Surveyor with strong organisational and team management skills, coupled with good commercial awareness. The role is based in North Dublin, Leinster with travel when required.
• Primary point of contact with clients’ site teams to schedule and plan deliveries and installations on sites across the country.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of site health and safety requirements and plan accordingly.
• Manage the installation of projects, scheduling crews’ work to fit client programme requirements, delivery to site of our products from our storage facility and ensuring crews have the necessary equipment and RAMS for each project.
• Manage the installation team.
• Ensure projects are delivered and completed to specification, on time and within budget.
• Provide completion certificates and handover paperwork to clients.
• Work closely with the Sales and Finance teams to factor lead times, account status etc into project planning.
• Coordinate project delivery schedule with Operations management to plan stock ordering.
• Review accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of data input and identify opportunities for process improvements.
To be considered for the role you must:
• Qualified Civil Engineer or Quantity Surveyor with minimum 5 years post-qualification experience, with at least 3 years of that being site-based.
• Good technical aptitude and practical experience of building and construction projects.
• Previous experience either working for or managing specialist sub-contractors or suppliers of specialist construction products.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers’ site management teams – Project Managers, Site Engineers, Site QS etc
• Strong organisational skills both for self and to manage others.
• Previous experience managing site crews – technicians, general operatives.
• Hold a full clean drive license.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ideally you will:
• Be familiar with CRM systems an advantage
• Have good general IT skills; Outlook, Excel, etc.
• Assertive, flexible and open to change with a ‘Can-Do’ customer-focussed attitude
• Team player with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with other
• Display personal commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all business dealings
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidates qualifications, experience, suitability, and fit for the role. However, the ideal candidate can expect a salary in the order of €60,000 plus a vehicle with career opportunity potentials.
CV ‘s to be forwarded for the attention of Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org