Programme Manager Project Manager
Entered: 16 May 2021
On behalf of our Client, a major Energy Provider & Utilities State organisation we are welcoming applications from suitably qualified engineers for the position of Programme Manager, Project Manager to join the management team for major Utilities Construction and Refurbishment Project in and around the Cork area. Coming from an engineering project engineer / project management background in Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services, Civil or similar you will be responsible for;
End to end programme management of the project.
Managing and guiding the projects through the following phases:
- Survey phase to establish the scope and technical requirements for the project.
- Detailed design and planning.
- Construction delivery
- Driving the procurement process for materials and services required to deliver the project.
- Securing financial approvals via the client’s internal approval processes.
- Liaising with and monitoring performance of internal client functions and of outsourced partners involved in project delivery.
- Monitoring the contractors progress in respect to programme and ensuring milestones are achieved.
- Managing costs, risks, health & safety and compliance.
- Liaising with the many and diverse stakeholders including; local authorities, land owners, etc.
To be considered for the role you must:
Be Degree (level 8) qualified Engineer in mechanical. Electrical, civil (or similar)
Have more than 10 years post graduate experience in civil / utilities / infrastructure construction design and construction management (roads, rail, pipelines, etc).
Have relevant project management experience.
Have strong communications, negotiation and influencing skills.
Be competent and professional in dealing with diverse stakeholders.
Have thorough knowledge of health & safety regulations and legislation.
Have strong knowledge of construction contracts.
Have a proven ability to manage and control agreed budgets and timelines.
Be proficient in the English language (spoken, written, technical).
Have excellent communications and team management skills.
Ideally you will:
Have pipelines construction experience.
Have experience dealing with Local Authorities
Have experience in the role of Resident Engineer.
Be a chartered engineer.
Have strong IT skills and report writing skills.
6 Month project, Annual salary circa €75,000 (equiv daily rate) (negotiable depending on suitability of candidate) Candidates can work from any location in Ireland as the work will be done remotely.
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to:
Darina Osborne E: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +353 1 6390391 Cell: +353 86 6078982