Project / Contracts Manager
Entered: 26 May 2020
The contractor's annual turnover has ranged from €1-10m and the level of business will depend on what you can bring to the table as you will be responsible for creating new business and managing projects from inception to completion. We are looking for an all rounder with demonstrated experience that is ambitious and self-motivated. You will work alongside the company QS and you will be rewarded with 25% of the company profits.
The candidate will ideally have worked in a project managerial capacity on major building projects for top contractors in Ireland or the U.K. and will also have been involved in winning new projects.
Your duties will include:
- Working with the QS to win new business
- Agreeing project objectives
- Providing advice on the management of projects
- Organising the various professional people working on a project
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- Making sure the quality standards are met
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing to ensure the project is on budget
- Agreeing programme and delivering the project in accordance with same
- Attending site meetings
- Making sure the project is running in accordance to the programme and on budget
- Ensuring an efficient construction site
- Delivering projects with the highest quality
- Working with the Health & Safety Department to ensure safe ensuring safe construction at all times
- Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
- The successful Project Manager will have at least 7 years’ experience working for building contractors in Ireland or the UK.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as Project or contracts Manager on building projects in the Ireland or the U.K.
- Must be able to manage a large team.
- Ensure that the project progresses on schedule.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Bobby on 087 916 0169 and quote the job reference number WPC853