Project manager (Dublin) 1314
Entered: 15 Oct 2018
Project Manager - Dublin
Our client is a construction consultancy firm based in Dublin. They make sure that their projects are completed to the utmost efficiency while meeting the expectations of their clients. They are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis in Meath.
Role & Primary Responsibility - Project Manager
Reporting to the Contracts Manager the Project Manager will be fully responsible for the safe, timely execution of the works in accordance with the budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
He/She will be responsible for construction strategy, co-ordination between the Project Teams, project logistics and resource allocation. They will also be responsible for defining his requirements in terms of design information and procurement.
The co-ordination of specialist supplier / sub-contractor design will also be a key function. The project manager will also prepare programmes for procurement and construction, in conjunction with other responsible members of the site team, and ratify them with the Contracts Managers team. He will review and comment on design information submitted by the nominated and domestic sub-contractors and co-ordinate the design between packages. The Project design programmes and RFI schedules will be updated as necessary and reporting information and progress reports will be prepared to an agreed schedule.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise form details issued or from situations as they arise on site.
- Keeping the project team informed on all relevant aspects of technical & engineering issues that arise on the project
- Ensuring that contractors on site execute works as per their method statement.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Assisting with the selection and requisition of materials and plant
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client/architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on site
- Preparing reports as required
- Initiating the procurement process & reporting changes to the project.
- Manage the preparing of Method Statements and the and Project Schedule and maintain those during the course of the project
- Chair regular internal meetings when required.
- Comply with Health & Safety obligations,
- Assisting with Site Inductions, induction register.
- Ensure all operatives operating on site have been fully inducted and complete their works within the site rules.
Ideally 3rd Level in construction Management or relevant degree
Previous projects experience in the area Residential/Commercial/Healthcare essential.
Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets.
Excellent client relation skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5-7 years experience
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01-4569899