Project Manager CORK (Construction consultancy)
Entered: 31 Mar 2020
This Construction Project Management Consultancy provides project management and employer's agent services for developers, funders and investment companies both private and public sector. Operating in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Residential and Commercial sectors, the company takes on a range of project types. As a result of expansion then company are now looking to recruit a Project Manager, to work on a major commercial project in Cork city. With budgetary accountability for your projects, as a Project Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
The initial project is a 500-unit state-of-the-art residential facility in Cork city with 2 year duration. We will consider candidates on a 2 year contract or permanent basis.
- Take overall ownership of project delivery
- Set up & maintain Project controls to monitor project budget, manage project changes and facilitate financial forecasts and cash flows on projects
- Set up and maintain project controls to monitor and mitigate risk on each project
- Act as the lead project interface between the Client and others at the construction site and/or where related to the construction stage of the project.
- Maintain the construction programme and ensure that as-built progress is accurately recorded. Keep the programme up to date and take appropriate measures to manage any unauthorised deviation between actual and/or forecast progress and planned progress.
- Establish and maintain detailed deliverables requirements on the construction project
- Administer key project contracts and manage the associated commercial negotiations endeavouring to minimise exposure of the company
- Implement appropriate actions to address variances.
- Actively pursue ongoing improvement in quality, efficiency, innovation, etc. within the construction project and the construction project team.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant construction legislation and other relevant statutory requirements.
- Assist in and ensure the production of risk assessments and safe systems of work. Ensure their retention, regular review, monitoring, control and, where necessary, revision and reissue.
- Ensure that regular site safety, health and environmental inspections are carried out, recorded, and any non-conformances corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure the competent supervision and management of construction works and of the construction site.
With a Construction related Degree, the successful candidate must also hold a Project Management qualification and be able to demonstrate Construction Project Management experience with a Construction Project Management Consultancy, working on the Client side. The candidate will have strong client communication skills.
Call Patrick on 0872 505008 for further details.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organizational needs