Entered: 06 Dec 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Project Manager on behalf of our client, a main contractor who specialise in various areas such as Commercial, Residential and Civil projects across Ireland.
The Project Manager will join their team on a project based in Dublin City. The successful candidate must have minimum of 5+ years’ experience as Project Manager.
Project Manager Duties will include:
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Develop project plans and schedules and execute plans to achieve agreed outcomes
- Comply with the Health & Safety aspects of the project in line with company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate project activities in accordance with company Quality System, Standard Quality Procedures and Engineering Specifications.
- Manage complete day to day life-cycle of project from initial stages through to hand-over.
- Meet agreed objectives in the areas of timely delivery, cost, and quality and client satisfaction.
- Work to resolve critical site issues.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Obtain all necessary internal permits.
- Achieve a ‘right first time’ philosophy throughout the project life cycle.
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of project through leadership, management, technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life-cycle.
- Manage the day to day site operations of subcontractors on site
- Manage the day-to-day internal finishes on site
- Help manage project in line with the agreed production targets
- Manage the work flow of sub-contractors ensuring they’re in line with the program of works on site
- Agree sub-contractors’ long term and short term program and monitor performance
- Ensure highest level of health and safety is upheld at all times
Project Manager Requirements:
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent;
- 5+ years post-qualification experience with tier one contractors
- Background in large scale, high head count sites
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- Be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate.
- Good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- The drive to be responsible for exceeding targets.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.