Senior Engineer / Project Manager
Entered: 25 Jan 2022
McGinty & O’Shea Ltd, are a leading building and civil engineering contractor with an enviable track record of having successfully delivered a wide variety of high-profile, multimillion-euro projects in the Cork and Munster region over many years. www.mcgintyoshea.ie
Such projects are delivered to highest standards in accordance with our ISO accredited management system and include: major streetscape and urban renewal projects; road construction including quality bus corridors, green routes, cycleways, utilities, and associated works; water, sewerage, drainage, and flood relief schemes; site infrastructure and development works; bridge repair and replacement projects; marine works, residential developments, contractor design and build contracts; value engineering, and renewable energy projects.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We have immediate vacancies for Senior Engineers/Project Managers to join our growing team. The ideal candidates should have the following:
- Primary degree in Civil Engineering, or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Chartered status, or commitment to achieve chartered status (desirable).
- 10 years + relevant experience.
- To take responsibility for the safe and successful delivery of the project and manage the works in accordance with project drawings, specifications, and company HSQE procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety requirements and experience in managing the site safety file, including method statements, risk assessments, site inductions, and toolbox talks etc.
- Experience in the coordination of temporary works and traffic management would be an advantage.
- Commercial awareness to include a full understanding of the works requirements, the ability to identify variations and record direct/indirect consequences, in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Have extensive setting-out and levelling experience.
- Proficiency in programme management (MS Project), producing monthly progress reports and attendance at site meetings.
- To take the lead in consultation and liaison with 3rd parties including the Client, specialists, regulatory bodies, utility companies and the general public etc.
- Experience in labour/subcontractor management and material procurement.
- Responsibility for site records to include technical queries, registers, allocation sheets, photos, as-builts etc.
- Hold CSCS cards for SLG at roadworks, location of underground services and confined spaces.
- Ambition, self-motivation, and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Full clean Irish/EU driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
An excellent remuneration package, commensurate with experience, is available to the successful candidates. In addition, as a reputable and long-standing main contractor, we are committed to providing on-going professional development and excellent career progression opportunities to the successful candidate.