Project Engineer / Cost Manager - Tipperary
Entered: 19 Jan 2022
Project Engineer/Cost Manager - Tipperary
- Competitive salary of up to €65,000 DOE
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop included in package
A Tipperary based road surfacing contractor with over 40 years' experience in business is looking for a Project Engineer/Cost Manager to join their company. The role is based in Tipperary but will require some travel to meet existing and new potential clients and monitor projects onsite.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the following to a high level of confidence:
- Delivering pavement projects to both public sector and private sector clients, including but not limited to road rehabilitation works.
- Managing projects including commercial and health and safety requirements.
- Performing works inspections and report treatment recommendations.
- Pavement analysis, including design, material specification and reporting.
- Implementing plans for development of pavements, with a good understanding and application of sustainable solutions.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations.
- Proposing approaches to solve new problems encountered using modifications and standard procedures, specifications or methods developed in previous procedures.
- Identifying discrepancies in results.
- The measurement and pricing of pre-contract and post-contract works, while carrying out valuations on an on-going bases during the works stage.
- Third level qualification in a construction related discipline.
- Good reporting and communication skills, with an ability to work with all stakeholders.
- Good organizational skills and a pro-active attitude.
- Previous experience (3+ Years) in road works projects, ideally with a contractor.
- Experience in Public Works Contracts would be an advantage.
- High level of legal awareness and competence in assessing contract requirements.
- Financial management from pre-construction to final completion is essential, which includes estimating and valuations.
- Good ability to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Good Technical skills in Engineering, including using design data sheets and having the ability to critically analyze data.
- Good Organization and planning skills, being able to manage a team efficiently.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
For more information on the above vacancy, please contact Caroline O'Driscoll - email@example.com / 085 875 1842.