Network Engineer/Structured Cabling Designer - Dublin / Cork (2346)
Entered: 16 Oct 2018
Our client provides mechanical and electrical consultancy services to the residential, commercial, retail, sports, leisure, micro-electronic, healthcare, educational, municipal, high tech and pharmaceutical sectors. The company currently looking to recruit an experienced Network Engineer/Structured Cabling Designer to work with their team in Dublin / Cork area.
Primary Responsibilities as a Network Engineer/Structured Cabling Designer
- Reports to Operations Director responsible for Telecommunications/Network Engineers
- Direct interface with client, ensuring requirements are understood and executed
- Responsibility for on time delivery of each Telecommunications/Network project
- Requirement to work closely with all other disciplines in a design team during cabling design and implementation to ensure co-ordination of all services and structures.
- Work with Project Management and Build teams during construction to clarify issues, manage cabling design changes and ensure build quality
- Development of specifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Network Engineering role
- Strong focus on QA/QC throughout the process
- Ability to direct a team of designers
- Knowledge of CAD/Revit and experience working with drafting personnel
- Knowledge and experience in the design of external duct and vault systems
- Strong organisational skills to ensure compliance with Company high standards of excellence
- Bluebeam Revu proficiency a definite plus.
- Extensive industry experience in the design of copper and fibre optic cabling systems
- Data Centre experience is desirable.
Please send your cv to Aine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 456 9899 for a confidential conversation.