Assistant Buyer / Purchaser
Entered: 19 Oct 2018
Buyer / Purchaser
Dublin 2 city centre area
Our client is a large and highly reputable main contractor and developer established in 1982. They work on a variety of projects in Leinster including office building, apartments and house building. They are currently looking for a Buyer with a background in construction to join their team.
This is a long term and permanent role with the company, and an ideal opportunity to work in a friendly and busy office environment in the city centre.
The ideal candidate should be able to work on their own initiative, be well organised, knowledgeable about the sources of supply of construction materials; highly skilled at communicating with quantity surveyors, site personnel, suppliers and relevant internal departments.
To support the Commercial Manager, enhancing the efficiency of Procurement, by managing the contract expenditure in line with agreed objectives.
Work with Commercial Manager, identifying and implementing strategies that enable Procurement to continually improve the service being provided which results in Procurement being recognised as a high performing service function. Assist in the delivery of best practice procurement.
Work closely with key stakeholders, providing effective service and development of joint strategies that are in line with business needs and objectives.
Develop effective and appropriate relationships with key suppliers based on the agreed strategy and manage supplier performance that promotes continuous improvement ethos.
Working within a high performing multifunctional team that will:
• Develop a clear understanding of the business needs associated with all areas expenditure
• Ongoing commercial management of suppliers ensuring contract compliance, delivery to SLAs and delivery of ongoing commercial opportunities
• Ensure effective supplier relationship management applied and ensure supplier numbers are appropriate for the category that will improve performance, reduce costs and minimise administration.
• Deliver any identified supplier rationalisation programme
• Effectively manage risk and minimise accordingly ensuring business continuity
• Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the Purchasing strategy and assures contract compliance and SLA deliverables.
• Construct, negotiate, implement and manage Supply and service level agreements/contracts that achieve cost, delivery, quality, innovation, zero harm and service targets as required by the business
• Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with company safety rules, health and safety legislation and environmental standards and that operating procedures reflect current legislation
• Promote and represent the company's Procurement as required on business and departmental initiatives
• Develop close working relationships with other key functions in the company and keep them aware of, and seek their views on, changes and initiatives to ensure a coordinated approach
• Apply and maintain the policies and procedures set out and adopt them accordingly as part of a pragmatic business support strategy ensuring team are fully cognisant and follow accordingly
• Deputise seamlessly for the Procurement & Logistics Manager as necessary
• Commercial team
• Operational Business Managers, Regional managers, General Managers and Operations generally
• Heads of Department
• Suppliers at all levels
Skills Required Include:
• Procurement knowledge in the construction sector
• Knowledge and experience of current purchasing best practice principles
• Sound commercial acumen.
• Competent in use of MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
Please forward your cv in Word format to email@example.com