Chief Buyer - Main Contractor
Entered: 21 Oct 2018
My client is a main contractor with a leading reputation in their field who are passionate about good procurement practices. They are experiencing a large area of growth and are looking for a Buyer to join their team
The key responsibilities will be;
- To obtain quotations for plant, materials and sub-contractors, ensuring the best prices and payments terms.
- Implement supply chain agreements and discount / rebate structures.
- Work closely with site / project teams to deliver required plant and material resources as per programme.
- Ensure materials meet specification
- Manage and maintain the approved supply chain list both regionally and nationally as projects dictate.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role you should fit the following criteria;
- Primarily you should be able to demonstrate a proven track record operating in a similar construction buying role.
- Be comfortable procuring materials and sub-contractor packages.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness.
- Hold strong communication and IT skills
- Be able to work under minimal supervision, but comfortable working with broader project/commercial team.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE