Entered: 08 July 2020
Construction Buyer | Dublin (North/M50) | €Neg + Package
Our client is one of the larger Tier 1 main contractors, with some individual current projects in excess of €100m.
Role and responsibilities:
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Manage material supplier contracts (SLA’s) that achieve cost, delivery, quality and service targets as required by the business. Meet suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials follow specifications, health and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Liaise with Estimating Department personnel in providing up to date materials suppliers costs information.
- Issuing of Plant and Purchasing reports to Directors and Contracts Managers.
- Proven purchasing experience in construction.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Strong commercial, negotiation and problem solving skills; experience in handling transactions with little supervision.
- Relevant third level qualifications, IIPMM advantageous.