Procurement Officer - Construction
Entered: 17 Jan 2021
Our client are a well known Engineering Contractor who are now looking to hire a Procurement Officer on a full time permanent basis to be based in Dublin.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Requesting and reviewing supplier quotations from a commercial standpoint.
- Processing requisition data through ERP system.
- Periodic negotiation of material rates.
- Expediting and ensuring timely deliveries.
- Maintaining supplier relationships and master data.
- Spend analysis.
- Financial reporting.
- Liaising with project managers to set & maintain budgets.
- Applying and engaging in LEAN initiatives within the purchasing process where possible.
- Investigation and evaluation of new potential suppliers, recommending those most desirable to senior management.
- Negotiating with partners for the recovery of defect products during the warranty period.
- Relevant diploma or degree
- 4-5 years’ experience in the construction industry preferable
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on one’s own as well as a team
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE