Entered: 04 June 2020
Our client is medium sized main contractor based in Co. Meath. They have a comprehensive portfolio of experience comprising of work in the Medical Sector both Public and Private, New build projects for the Education sector , New Build & fit-out commercial developments. They also have a established Civil Engineering division, Agricultural Production Facilities, both Commercial and Residential Refurbishment Projects, one off new build homes and Substantial Office Blocks.
The company is seeking an experienced Purchaser/Buyer to work with the construction team over seeing a number of projects on an on-going basis. You will be responsible for the successful delivery for the projects, reporting directly to the managing director.
Primary Responsibilities as a Purchaser/Buyer
- Conducting and coordinating purchasing support activities.
- Develops bid specifications and requests for proposals.
- Assist with the administration process
- Vendor selection and outreach, receipt of responses, contract negotiation, contract development and execution, and contract management.
- Coordinates construction projects with Company Project Managers and vendors; determines procurement needs.
- Processes purchase orders and determine the best method for procurement of all purchases.
- Negotiates pricing and obtains best value; complies with all legal requirements and deadlines.
As a Purchaser/Buyer you will have
- Have at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role within a construction background
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Being a team player
- Willing to show initiative
- Proficiency with MS Office
If you are a Purchaser/Buyer and are considering a move please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 01 429 6792 for a confidential conversation.