Purchaser (Construction Industry)
Entered: 13 May 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Purchaser for our client. Our Client a leading residential contractor, seeking an experienced Purchaser to join their team based in Meath.
The successful candidate must have a degree in purchasing, supply or business studies & a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a purchasing role ideally within the construction industry or similar field.
Construction Purchaser responsibilities include:
- Pre-qualification and set up of new suppliers according to company procedures. Carry out regular supplier assessment of existing suppliers. Negotiate agreements and prices with suppliers.
- Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies and practices for the company
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Provide all requested purchasing and supplier related reports including quarterly spend report, monthly KPI reports and other report information requested by senior management
- Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports.
- Reporting of all procurement saving.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, and relevant internal departments
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Develop a purchasing strategy.
- Manage and responsible for purchasing department
- A degree in Purchasing, Supply or Business Studies required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred
- Ability to work under strict deadlines & prioritise workload accordingly Strong organization skills, including the ability to work independently and in a team with minimal direction.
- Ability to build & develop strong trusting relationships with suppliers & colleagues.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Dynamics, and the ability to actively reference the internet.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.