Entered: 04 June 2020
Our client a main contractor based in Co. Meath are currently looking to recruit an experienced purchasing officer with experience within the construction industry an advantage. They have a comprehensive portfolio of work and the successful candidate will be based in Head office.
Primary Responsibilities as a Purchaser/Buyer
- The Purchasing/Procurement officer will be responsible for the procuring goods and services, and plant and equipment (hired and owned).
- You will be responsible for the successful delivery for the projects, reporting to the commercial manager
- Negotiate prices with suppliers, Tracking all price changes and updates in advance, uploading new prices onto the relevant systems, and getting sign off on all price increases from the Commercial Manager
- Follow up on price requisitions as requested.
- Identifying potential Suppliers and liaise with both new and existing suppliers to build and maintain good working relationships with them.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Place orders with assigned suppliers at regular intervals and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders.
- Liaise with site management on material and plant requirements.
- Input orders within the given time frame and update prices on the database
- Perform administrative duties to the specified standard and within the time frame required by the procurement department such as processing payments certs and invoices
- Management of Owned plant.
- Developing an Companies purchasing strategy;
- Ensure that Project requirements are met and high quality, value for money contracts are negotiated to deliver efficiencies and saving targets;
- Consistently monitor the marketplace to ensure awareness of pricing trends, risks and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to drive and deliver HSEQ+S principles and commercial objectives.
Experience & Skills as Purchaser
- The individual will require previous senior level experience of Procurement and Supply Chain Management processes within a construction, or a related sector
- Possesses and demonstrates strong technical knowledge of building products and systems.
- An individual with good financial, commercial and analytical skills who has proven capability of managing his / her workload effectively.
- Well-developed negotiation skills are essential, along with experience of running tenders, with a track record of delivering value;
- Understanding of drawings
- Strong IT Skills and knowledge of graphical packages
For a confidential conversation or to find out more information please contact Clodagh on 087-7978585 or e-mail on email@example.com