CSA Quality Assurance Manager, Dublin
Entered: 16 Dec 2019
Responsibilities of the role:
- Reporting to the Group Design, Innovation and Quality Manager your role will include but not be limited to the following activities;
- Work closely with all Business Units & support function directors & management to ensure the highest standards of CSA performance, deliverables, and value engineering is achieved.
- Head up, mentor and monitor the CSA activities of all CSA staff.
- Build the CSA team in conjunction with Project requirements.
- While the position is a head office support role the CSA QA lead will be required to travel approximately 50% of his/her time to all locations where the company is currently operating.
- Ensure all CSA QA processes are accurate and up-to-date for all Geographical locations where we Operate.
- Provide valued input throughout all phases of a project from tender to handover.
- Support the coordination, monitoring & inspection of work on-site, in compliance with the contract, design drawings, specifications, regulations & standards.
- Provide documented findings on conformance and non-conformance to management.
- Review contract documents, design drawings and specifications to maintain familiarity and ensure operational business units and support functions have a full understanding of the requirements of all real & relevant CSA practices, relevant project documentation & employers’ requirements.
- Conduct project observations and spot-checks of work in progress, checking compliance, identifying & documenting any non-compliant practices and coordinating closure in line with approved methods and best practice.
- Ensure contract compliance, such as conducting tests specified and installing materials & equipment as specified in the contract, documenting & reporting deficiencies to management.
- Provide reports on related CSA matters, including third-party inspections, progress, quality, EHS and causes for delay.
- Prepare reports & KPI’s for the companies Management.
- Maintenance & upkeep of detailed records.
- Liaising with supply chain subcontractors, suppliers and vendors, confirming that standards, building regulations, and legal requirements are achieved.
- Continuous improvement initiatives and activities as and when required
- All other duties associated with this role.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the construction sector.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional quality control/quality assurance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or other relevant degree.
- Chartered Engineering in either Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrate practical on-site experiences in CSA works of both a temporary and permanent nature.
- Demonstrated a high level of organizational, construction inspection, and record-keeping skills with an ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of industry QA standards, procedures, and processes.
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritise, organize, schedule work).
- Master’s Degree in an appropriate field is preferred
- Industry recognized qualification in Quality Assurance