Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 08 Mar 2021
Our client is a family owned company that has been managing and delivering project solutions to the engineering and contracting industry. They now seek QS's of all levels to be based in Clonmel.
- Manage the Subcontractors contract obligations to ensure compliance
- Evaluate and approve Subcontractor Applications for Payment
- Manage the Subcontractor variation account including evaluation and approval of subcontractor submitted variations
- Identify Work Package variations that may be claimed from the Client and prepare variation documents for submission to the Client.
- Evaluate and approve back charges from/to the Client, Employer & Subcontractors
- Review and approve all Work Package correspondence for Commercial and Contractual intent
- Provide Commercial & Contractual advice to the Project team members
- Provide input into the production of:
- Monthly Commercial Reports
- Applications for Payment to the Client
- Contract claims (delay, EoT etc.) for Client & Subcontractor
- Report any Commercial and Contractual risks to Line Manager
- Undertake additional Commercial and Contractual activities as required.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- 0-1 years’ experience working with a main contractor on large scale commerical building projects/large scale civils projects
- Demonstrates good commercial and business acumen.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure clear and concise reports are maintained throughout assignment.
- Strong IT skills; Buildsoft & Excel
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach and personality
- Excellent communication skills, negotiating skills, attention to detail, team player, ability to build relationships, can work under pressure and on own initiative, empowered to take own responsibility and accountability
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 00044208 861 7847 or 0044788 032 2118.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE