Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor
Entered: 31 Mar 2020
Our client is one of Ireland's leading Civil & Building Contractors with operations throughout the country. They now seek a Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis in the Wembley.
- Manage the Subcontractors contract obligations to ensure compliance
- Evaluate and approve Subcontractor Applications for Payment
- Manage the Subcontractor variation account including evaluation and approval of subcontractor submitted variations
- Identify Work Package variations that may be claimed from the Client and prepare variation documents for submission to the Client.
- Evaluate and approve back charges from/to the Client, Employer & Subcontractors
- Review and approve all Work Package correspondence for Commercial and Contractual intent
- Provide Commercial & Contractual advice to the Project team members
- Provide input into the production of:
- Monthly Commercial Reports
- Applications for Payment to the Client
- Contract claims (delay, EoT etc.) for Client & Subcontractor
- Report any Commercial and Contractual risks to Line Manager
- Undertake additional Commercial and Contractual activities as required.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- 0-1 years’ experience working with a main contractor on large scale commerical building projects/large scale civils projects
- Demonstrates good commercial and business acumen.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure clear and concise reports are maintained throughout assignment.
- Strong IT skills; Buildsoft & Excel
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach and personality
- Excellent communication skills, negotiating skills, attention to detail, team player, ability to build relationships, can work under pressure and on own initiative, empowered to take own responsibility and accountability
- Salary Negotiable
- Excellent company benefits incl. Company Car
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 00044208 861 7847 or 0044788 032 2118.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE