Civil Sales Manager
Entered: 23 Sept 2020
Our client, a specialist contracting company providing services to the construction sector, is seeking to recruit a proactive and energetic Civil Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be a Site Engineer or Quantity Surveyor background with strong communications and relationship building skills. The role is based in North Dublin, including a remote work with a focus on serving the Leinster region with travel when required.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
• Be the primary point of contact with clients’ site and procurement teams, responding to requests for pricing and technical assistance in developing stormwater management solutions.
• Work with the office-based team to prepare and submit designs and quotations. Follow up on those proposals and negotiate to close deals.
• Work closely with the Operations and Finance teams to factor lead times, account status etc into proposals and project planning.
• Assist the Operations team where necessary with site inspections, scheduling with clients and provisions of handover documents.
• Track contacts, record proposals and confirmed orders in CRM system.
• Proactively stay abreast of upcoming developments and opportunities both for their Civils and other product lines.
• Develop a strong understanding of the key technical and value advantages of their product range and be able to deliver presentations of these to both client and consulting engineering teams.
• Be willing to learn about new products and services and seek opportunities for selling these into client solutions.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of site health and safety requirements and plan accordingly.
• Review existing processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of data input and identify opportunities for process improvements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Qualified Civil Engineer or Quantity Surveyor with minimum 5 years post-qualification experience, with at least 3 years of that being site-based.
• Good mix of technical and commercial experience.
• Previous experience negotiating sales/service contracts.
• Previous sales experience an advantage, particularly in similar specialist products and services.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both customers’ site management teams.
• Self-starter with strong organisational and time management skills.
• Flexible approach and open to change with a ‘Can-Do’ customer-focused attitude.
• Team player with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with others.
• Display personal commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all business dealings.
• Good general IT skills; Outlook, Excel, etc., familiarity with CRM systems an advantage.
• Full clean drive license.
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidates qualifications, experience, suitability, and fit for the role. Excellent salary with career opportunity potentials, expensed vehicle, laptop and phone will be provided.
CV ‘s to be forwarded for the attention of Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org