Commercial Manager/Managing Surveyor (Residential)
Entered: 20 Sept 2020
Commercial Manager / Managing Surveyor (Residential)
€100k+ Executive package + bonus + pension etc.
ICDS are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager for a large developer who have won awards for their residential and commercial projects across Leinster.
You will have 10+years’ experience with either a large developer, or a large main contracting company.
Responsible for agreeing project budgets and managing all project costs.
• Reporting on the overall performance of the division.
• Quarterly financial accounts meeting to review the overall financial performance of the division.
• Reporting on the performance of individual projects.
• Together with the Contracts Manager present the monthly performance and recommendations for each project to the divisional director.
• Monthly reporting on the cost performance of each project.
• Including a specific analysis on the preliminaries performance of each project.
• Detailed analysis and approval of outgoing sub-contractor and supplier payment.
• For existing contracts understands the respective obligations and responsibilities of the parties to the contracts and provides direction to the site teams.
• Initial meetings between the client and construction team to determine the scope of the works within the contract.
• Contribute to the agreement of contract documents along with the Contracts Manager in relation to the relevant parts including programme, price and client specification.
• Responsible w the Contracts Manager for the smooth administration of contracts from start up to final account.
• Attending and contributing to site start up meetings with site management to ensure the requirements of the contract are understood.
• Responsible with the Contracts Manager for the preparation of all agreed reports to predetermined deadlines.
• Agree reporting structure to client along with the Contracts Manager.
• Ensuring relevant monthly reports are issued in the agreed format and within the timeframe agreed.
• Responsible for delegating / allocating Quantity Surveyor tasks to Quantity Surveyors, setting objectives and monitoring their progress.
• Responsible for agreeing and managing roles of all Surveyors.
• Chairing bi-weekly surveying meetings monitoring progress of Surveyors.
• Twice annual reviews of Surveyors performance.
• Responsible in the developing the role of Residential Managing Quantity Surveyor as a key position within the business, particular emphasis to manage and develop this role.
• Manage the QS team in preparation of individual project budgets, cash flows, valuations etc.
• Ultimately responsible for signing off on project budgets, tenders and cash flow.
• Ensuring that budgets are competitive and in line with the market.
• Signing off monthly client valuations.
• Attend site progress and cost meetings and contributing to the resolution of commercial contract and construction problems.
• Responsible to the client, working with the design team & responsible for the sub-contractors.
To register your interest please send CV to email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.