Commercial Manager (Progression)
Dublin, North Dublin
Commercial Manager required for one of Ireland’s leading facades specialists working on high profile projects in Ireland and the UK.
Travel to Construction sites throughout Ireland and occasionally UK.
Great opportunity with progression opportunity and chance to work on €Multi-million projects across Commercial, Educational, Healthcare & Pharma sectors.
- Report on the financial performance of Contracts on a monthly basis using the existing cost control reporting system.
- Continually seek to improve our systems and procedures as they relate to your department.
- Embrace Lean Manufacturing technique as they apply to your area.
- Prepare and review monthly cost reports for current projects.
- Liaise with Finance Director on cost overruns as they impact the budgeted mark-up on contracts.
- Review costs regularly with Project Managers and report on discrepancies.
- Review contractual arrangements with Main Contractors / Clients.
- Create an early warning system for problematic projects and report feedback to Estimating to close the loop.
- Prepare and submit interim payment applications for on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going projects.
- Attend site to review progress and agree monthly valuations with M.C. Quantity Surveyors.
- Negotiate and agree final accounts with Main Contractors / Clients.
- Where necessary, prepare extension of time claims and any other contractual claims.
- Ensure the accuracy of the monthly payment applications of the Surveying Department, including the supervision of the work of other QSs.
- Ensure that monthly payment applications are presented in a timely manner, since the timing of valuations has a critical impact on cashflow.
- Be responsible for the output of the Surveying department.
- In co-operation with the Contracts Manager appoint installation sub-contractors and other key sub-contractors.
- Assess sub-contractor payment applications and certify payments, and when not personally certifying work, supervising the work of others.
- Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams
- Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities
- Assist Estimating with detailed measurements, take-offs and contractual matters, where necessary
To register your interest please send CV in Word to email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more