Construction Junior Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 29 Mar 2020
Our Client, One of Ireland’s leading construction companies is recruiting for a Construction Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a residential project based in Cork City.
Construction Junior Quantity Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Assist with the production of bill of quantities/estimates to provide client detailed budgets
- Supporting the procurement of subcontract packages, suppliers, vendors and consultants, including performing tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- Assisting the senior quantity surveyor with assessing cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- Provide commercial and contract support through the construction stage of the project
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explore variances, manage issues in conjunction with manager.
- Provide project controls support to align with the client’s needs and procedures.
- Support the onsite team with cost control, cost reporting and forecasting.
- Assist with interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are accurate and made in a timely manner.
- Preparing aspects of progress applications and cost reports to assist Senior QS for monthly management accounts on the project.
- Forecast and monitor cash flow/accruals to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained and liaise with client’s financial team.
The successful Construction Junior Quantity Surveyor will require:
- Degree in Quantity surveying, engineering or construction management.
- 2+ years’ Experience in Quantity surveying with a main contractor
- Thorough knowledge of legislation and building regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft office: particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent at budget management and punctual with reporting deadlines.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call Padraic on 01 429 6792 for a confidential conversation.