Construction Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 01 June 2020
O’Neill & Brennan are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join our client in Galway. The successful Quantity Surveyor will oversee the commercial performance of a number of residential sites across the West of Ireland including Galway, Roscommon and Clare. This person will be required to travel to each site on occasion but will be based in the company’s head office in Galway.
Quantity Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Liaise with the project managers on a regular basis,
- Oversee & develop the cost strategy for effective management, delivery & reporting throughout all phases of assigned projects,
- Procurement of tenders, design, finance & build management teams to achieve optimum outcomes on commercial negotiations,
- Performing risk, value management and cost control,
- Manage and report on financial performance of allocated projects,
- Complying with and implementing the quality plan strategy,
- Liaise and assist to deliver the project to time, cost and to the highest of standards,
- Maintaining good relationships with the employer, design team, subcontractors and other stake holders.
The successful Quantity Surveyor Requires:
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity surveying, engineering or construction management.
- 3+ years’ experience in Quantity Surveying with a main contractor
- Experience in residential or civils would be a distinct advantage
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Thorough knowledge of legislation and building regulations
- Excellent at budget management & punctual with reporting deadlines.
- Salary circa €60,000 DOE
- Pension Scheme,
- Healthcare Insurance,
- Company Vehicle & Travel Allowance
- 23 Days Annual Leave
If you are an experienced Quantity Surveyor interested in a career move, please send your CV to Ireprotech@oandb.ie or call Padraic on 01 429 6792 for a confidential conversation.