Cost Planning/Quantity Surveyor (Residential)
Entered: 16 Oct 2018
Cost Planning/Quantity Surveyor(Residential)
€45/55k + Package
Our client is a highly-reputable developer who are currently undertaking landmark residential projects across Leinster.
Due to expansion, they currently require a Cost Planner/Quantity Surveyor to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services, under the direction of a Senior Quantity Surveyor undertaking pre-contract duties.
This role will include interpreting information from live and completed projects, along with the measurement of planned works to help robustly project construction costs for upcoming and prospective projects.
It will also involve contributing to the decision-making process driving key project decisions at various stages through acquisition and design development.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- A member of the cost planning team tasked with the preparation of cost plans from early feasibility through to detailed cost planning ready for handover to project team.
- Participation in design team meetings through the design phases offering cost advice to ensure the financial viability of the project without compromising the design.
- Ensure that the design team stay cognisant of the most efficient unit types, unit and project layouts and building materials when progressing a scheme design.
- Liaison with project delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
- Liaising with the sales teams to ensure specifications and budgets properly reflect the market expectations of each project.
- Taking off Quantities to create Bills of Quantities for upcoming developments, interpreting those BoQ’s to provide site teams with working documents and budgets.
- Interrogation of current project exit costs to ensure real time cost data is informing new projects.
- Development / maintenance of a databank of Companies construction costs to assist the ongoing Cost Estimation and Financial Appraisal process.
- Prepare Part V applications to Local Authorities and follow those submissions to ensure compliance is achieved.
- Contribute to the annual budget process through re-assessments of future site development costs and feasibility using current detailed and macro cost data.
- Ensure Cubit is the QS tool of choice including support to the site teams on the extraction and in/out of information from the software.
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits.
- 3+ years Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Contractors office.
- Proficiency in Buildsoft-Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent
- A willingness to attend training (CPD) and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To be able to co-ordinate several different projects at the same time.
To register your interest, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 to discuss further.