What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Estimator to join on of our leading client’s Pre Construction team based in our Head Office in Dublin.
- Evaluate the cost and value of work baskets, identify projects at risk of not achieving the required margin and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project to ensure delivery of the required margin
- Review tender documents and submission requirements ensuring all financial information is identified and provided
- Prepare supply chain procurement schedules
- Prepare supply chain tender packages, issue and analyse the returned supply chain tenders for completeness
- Adjudicate the returned supply chain tenders
- Assist with the preparation and submission of tenders
What you need to have?
- Hold or are working towards obtaining a degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment
- Have previous experience in Estimating within a relevant business environment
- Have knowledge of construction and contract law
- Have knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Have knowledge of plant, equipment, materials and construction techniques
- Attention to detail
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael O’Hara call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.