|Managing Quantity Surveyor
Vacancy Ref. 01431
Our client, a specialist contractor, with interests in Ireland currently require a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager to administer the QS department and manage the junior and intermediate surveying team.
- Development of commercial reporting, administration, communication and ERP processes to industry best practices and the business needs currently and, in the future,
- Based in the head office you will report to the Director / MD and have responsibility for a number of projects locally and nationally.
- Projects are typically commercial, pharmaceutical, retail, industrial and project values range from €10m to €50m.
- The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics have between 7 and 10 years’ experience, a minimum of 3 to have been at Senior level.
- Provide advice on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting.
- Always act in a manner fitting to the business and uphold the company’s standards internally and externally at all times.
- Assist the Commercial Director in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Assist the Estimation department from time to time on the preparation of estimates if required.
- Development in conjunction with the commercial director best in class contract documentation for use with suppliers and subcontractors.
Please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or 021 206 6078 or send your cv in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, have an excellent knowledge of the industry, be motivated and a good team player.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are essential for this role.
- You will be responsible for and have experience taking contracts from subcontract procurement through to final accounts.
- You will attend site progress and cost meetings and liaising with client / design team & subcontractors.
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure projects are completed on time & to budget.
- You will ensure accurate & timely contract administration / managing & minimising risk from contracts.
- Assisting in directing the surveying team in the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Degree qualification in quantity surveying.
- Pharmaceutical / Process exposure experience advantageous.