Mechanical Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 06 Dec 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a well-established mechanical company. The successful candidate must have a Quantity Surveying degree & 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor & Mechanical experience is strongly desired. The successful candidate will join their team based in Co. Meath.
Mechanical Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- Tendering on all Projects that we have the opportunity to quote for.
- Negotiate on these Tenders and actively seek to obtain the contract.
- Sourcing New Projects to Tender for in the Commercial, Industrial and Residential Sectors.
- Sourcing & Procurement of all Main Plant requirements.
- Project Management to include all aspects of the contract (Labour, Material, Sub Contractors and all relevant requirements to legal completion of the contract)
- Sourcing & Approval of Sub Contractors as required
- Agreement of Payment terms with same.
- Evaluating Completed work by Sub contractors in terms of quality and passing for payment. This will involve test certificates and visual checks.
- Ongoing measurement of material and labour costs against tender prices.
- Production of all relevant governance documentation. e.g.: Pre Qual requirements, O&M Manuals etc.
- Agreement of Final Accounts and Extras with Developer / Employer when Project is complete.
- Agreeing retention amounts and timeframe for payment of same.
- Attendance at on site meetings when required.
- Review of Health & Safety Procedures, updating of same and recommending Staff Training where and when required.
- Liaison with Purchasing and Accounts Departments in terms of internal day to day procedures.
- Involvement in ad hoc matters which impact on the development and efficient operation of the Company.
Mechanical Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Quantity Surveying Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Mechanical experience
- Have a good analytical mind and background
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication & Negotiating Skills
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.