What is required?
At BSS we are looking for Quantity Surveyors at all levels. To work with one of our client’s growing teams in London. All candidates must be pragmatic and able to work on their own initiative and within a busy commercial team.
Responsibilities will vary level by level but may include:
- Liaising with clients from initial enquiries through to final accounts
- Dealing with Sub-Contractors
- Cost Control / Management of Projects
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports
- Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes
- Negotiating with Sub-Contractors and general suppliers
- Prepare cost reports and cash flow forecasts
- Monitor project variations
- Continual assessment of project costs against budgets
- Document Management
- Financial progress reports
- Final Account preparations
- Be fully aware of health & safety requirements
- Prepare estimates and cost plans for variety of commercial, educational and residential developments using CostX Software
- Prepare standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters and financial reports
- Prepare tender documents as required by procurement choice
- Analyse tenders and prepare tender reports at all stages of procurement
- Prepare valuations and cost reports; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims
- Prepare and agree final accounts
- Perform other duties as may reasonably be required for an intermediate Quantity Surveyor
What you need to have?
- Relevant professional experience
- Familiar with current forms of Building Contracts
- Use of computerised bill production an advantage
- Take control of and manage from inception through to completion one or more projects depending on size and complexity
- Preparation of initial budgets and cost plans
- Commercial management of fast track projects
- Client facing and direct Client reporting
- Work within a busy professional environment and as part of ability to lead a multi - disciplinary team
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Competitive package DOE
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.