Quantity Surveyor - All Levels
Entered: 25 June 2019
Reporting to – Senior Quantity Surveyor
Contract Type – Permanent Full time
Location - Maynooth, Co Kildare
About the role
Glenveagh Properties Plc, a leading Residential Building Company is currently recruiting Quantity Surveyors at various levels, as we build our growing team. We have positions for Project Quantity Surveyors, along with Senior Quantity Surveyors. As part of our overall team, you will be responsible for the overall financial management of our high profile residential projects.
What we offer:
- Compettive salary
- Free parking
- Career progression opportunities as we grow our team
- Our Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the financial management of overall project from pre-construction to completion
- You will carry out measurement of building elements and prepare Bills of Quantities/Schedule of Rates
- You will prepare tender documents and analyse tender returns for sub-contractors and suppliers along with preparing sub-contract documentation
- The Quantity Surveyor carries out monthly valuations for works on site, owns sub contract payments and liabilities, and completes monthly cost reports for budget v actual.
- You will record, report and manage projects risks, variations and cost overruns and project the overall effect of any overruns.
- You will complete the project close out documentation including final account resolution and agreement for all trade packages.
- You hold a BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- You possess 2+ years’ experience with a developer or a residential construction company, with experience in the management of building contracts
- If you have a trade or construction background this is a bonus
- You have strong measurement and take off skills along with knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong IT skills, specifically in Excel, Cubit and Outlook (MS Project is also preferred)
- You must have strong influencing and negotiation skills
- You will be equally able to work on own initiative as well as part of our growing team
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is critical, as are strong organisation skills and the ability to create clear and concise reports
Glenveagh Properties provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding Company. We work to make a team environment that will attract the best people and give them credible reasons to stay and grow their careers with us.
This role would suit someone with the following job titles - Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, QS, Senior QS, Project Quantity Surveyor, Project QS, Junior QS, Surveyor, Senior Surveyor