Quantity Surveyor (civils)
Entered: 10 Aug 2020
Quantity Surveyor (Civils)
Kildare (Naas / Newbridge)
€Neg + package
Our client is one of the largest civil engineering contractors in Ireland, with an enviable reputation in the market. Due to increased expansion in the infrastructure sector, they are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their a highly-motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional projects covering a range of civil disciplines including motorways, energy, waste water, water and waste management, industrial and commercial projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively with a team to successfully deliver various projects. The Surveyor must have prior experience on Civils projects from 0.5M up to 20M, with a min. of 5 years’ experience.
- Oversee all commercial aspects of the contracts, support site staff in understanding the contract documents in order to satisfy the clients requirements and maximize revenue/variations.
- Commercial feedback into internal systems, and management of internal systems for example Sage.
- Provision of commercial/productivity information to Senior Management Team in order to aid decision making
- Assist with or prepare monthly applications
- Working closely with Finance & Commercial in maximizing profit on the contracts
- Reviewing weekly productivity of teams.
- Undertaking interim and final valuations for works complete
- To manage work in progress and ensuring debtors are kept to a minimum.
Education and Experience
- Academic and Construction Qualification (HNC or Degree) with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
- Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the preconstruction/procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
- Membership of a professional institution.
If interesed in this position, please forward your Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org