Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
Entered: 03 June 2020
Senior QS / Commercial Manager
€Neg + Executive Package
Our client a main contractor, with interests in Ireland and the UK, currently require a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager to administer the QS department and manage the junior and intermediate surveying team.
Based in the head office you will report to the Director / MD and have responsibility for a number of projects locally and nationally.
Projects are typically commercial, educational, retail, industrial and project values range from €5m to €75m in traditional and PPP forms.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics have between 7 and 10 year’s experience, a minimum of 3 to have been at Senior level.
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, have an excellent knowledge of the industry, be motivated and a good team player.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are essential for this role.
- You will be responsible for and have experience taking contracts from subcontract procurement through to final accounts.
- You will attend site progress and cost meetings and liaising with client / design team & subcontractors.
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure projects are completed on time & to budget.
- You will ensure accurate & timely contract administration / managing & minimising risk from contracts.
- Assisting in directing the surveying team in the day-to-day operations of the business.