What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join one of our leading client’s team
- Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSA procedures, work instructions and the Business Management System
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management/team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project(s) and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Manage the cash flow and commercial risk on allocated projects
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- Provide commercial advice and guidance to other members of the team and to Operation Managers, as required
- Assist procurement in the preparation and issue of ITT’s, subcontract documentation, enquiries, other documentation and negotiations
- Ensure that sub-contractor’s accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
What you need to have?
- Hold or are working towards obtaining a degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Have previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment
- Have sound working knowledge of construction and contract law
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael O’Hara call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.